Wattpad Review, Tips and Book Recommendation

Currently I’m sitting in my garden and enjoying the lovely weather.
I was eager for writing a new blog post, but I didn’t know what I should write
so here I am writing about one of my favourite hobbies - reading of course…

Photo by chuttersnap on Unsplash

Reading can be a really expensive hobby, if you read as many books as me.
So here is a good alternative from buying books or ebooks.

I discovered Wattpad through an author.
Isabelle Ronin wrote Always Red (which is by the way a really good book), but her books are also available on Wattpad.
So I started scrolling through the page.
At first I was a little skeptical, because the stories are divided in chapters but they somehow look strange… I don’t know why I thought that but it just seemed...strange ;).
Instead of going left whilst reading, you scroll down.

You can read stories on Wattpad through the website on your computer or through the app on your mobile device.
At first the app had some small issues, after reading two chapters or so the app crashed and I had to reopen it.
But don’t worry this problem seems solved, at least it didn’t happen to me in the last months of using it.


There are so many different authors that publish stories ever day, it’s just amazing.
But discovering new stories can be a little tricky.
You can search for topics that you are interested in or discover new stories through genres like romance, fiction….
Every book has it’s own description so there is no difference to a normal book or ebook.
You can see how many chapters there are and start reading immediately.
But be careful, some books are still in the writing process and with that you have to wait for new chapters to be added. Tip: Search for „completed“ stories :)



You can create reading lists which are published on your profile.
If you don’t want others to see what you are reading, you can also save stories to your library which is private.
 

Is reading stories with grammatical mistakes or spelling errors a problem for you, then Wattpad isn’t a place for you.
It's so easy to overlook mistakes and it can happen to anybody.

Basically Wattpad is a very easy place to publish unedited stories or content that you love.

To summarize this post, here are some pros and cons for you:

Pros:
Cons:
Millions of stories available
Many stories contain spelling or grammatical mistakes
Many categories to choose from
Some stories are still in the writing process
It is completely free, at least in the free version
Searching for new stories can be a little tricky because there are so many
It is available through the homepage or the app on your mobile device
Some stories don’t have happy ends and you don’t know beforehand 
Create your own reading list and publish them for others to see 
Some authors get paid through advertisement, so ads are possible
Don’t wanna share what you are reading? - No problem, just save your stories to your library
Comments are visible on the right site of the stories with a litte speech bubble symbols
Interact with some authors and other readers

Authors are completely free to post what they want - if it is compatible with the website's terms of use 

You love writing your own stories then create your own

Stories are available in many different languages because the authors are from all around the world  


You can find my profile through clicking here.



PS: Can we talk about some music too? - I just love Bazzi, he's such an amazing musican
Especially his songs beautiful and mine








Disclaimer: All pictures are screenshots from the Wattpad app. I tried to describe what I think about the website and their content, so I’m sorry if any information isn’t accurate. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Banana Loaf

Present Idea: Picture Frame

Squash Risotto